Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Guacamole Bread

This week we made guacamole bread in the Healthy Bread in 5 minutes a day group. The dough called for chopped garlic, chopped tomato, and a whole mashed avocado. In bread? Sounded odd to me, but it was actually very good! It was nice and moist with a slight garlic flavor, and the loaf rose nicely in the oven. Both my husband and son liked the bread, even though neither of them cares for avocado.

With the leftover dough, I made a batch of crusty rolls to serve with our favorite soup, Cheese Vegetable Chowder. It is always a big hit!
I never got around to making the second recipe this time because I came down with a terrible cold, but still want to make the Pesto Bread next. I will post about it later, see you then!

8 comments:

Mama Peck said...

Your bread looks great! And, is there anything that tastes better than fresh rolls and homemade soup?? YUM By the way, that chowder looks delicious. Are you going to share the recipe? (I love soup and am always looking for new ones to try!) Hope you're feeling better now!!

Michelle said...

To me, the avocado bread did not taste of avocado at all. But it sure made a beautiful dough to work with!

Your soup looks great!

Femalechef said...

WOW your bread looks better than the ones in the bakery!!! Great job!!!

Petra said...

there is not much that can beat a nice hot soup (chowder sounds so good) with some homemade fresh bread. Especially on a cold winter day. Your bread turned out real well.

Elwood said...

Great looking bread. Hope you're over your cold, and a nice looking soup like that had to help.

Bonnie said...

What beautiful bread. I loved the taste and feel of this dough. What delicious looking soup.

Unknown said...

I bet your rolls tasted great with the bread. The loaf looks beautiful

Information and Entertainment said...

Nice post , thank you for sharing .........