Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I WANT A BLOG!

I want a blog. I don't know why, but all the cool kids have one. I drool over other knitter's yarns and projects, and I want to show you mine too. Will anyone read it? I don't know. Probably my kids will come to my page and shake their heads in shame and say to each other "Can you believe Mom actually thinks people are interested in her knitting? Maybe we should have her evaluated..." They, of course, have never heard of the Yarn Harlot. Or Grumperina. Or Crazy Aunt Purl. Not that I think I could ever be one of them, (well maybe I do, in my wildest dreams, but I will never admit it. Well maybe if you shove my 000 double points under my fingernails. Maybe.)

What's on my needles? Way too much. I have come up with the great wonderful ingenious idea to rotate my projects in this manner.

  • Work 1 row of my Halloween Mystery Shawl. Ok, the mystery is over, we can call it my "Dracula's Bride" shawl.

  • Work on Christmas baby sweater for 10 minutes. My pea brain can't take more than that much stockinette stitch at a time.

  • Work another row of Dracula's Bride.

  • Work on Gary's Home Depot socks for 10 mintes.

  • Dracula's Bride.

  • Work on Christmas mittens for 10 minutes.

  • Dracula

  • Work on Icelandic Shawl for 1 row. Why did I ever start that damn thing? Oops, can I say that in a blog? Do I need an explicit tag now? How do I get one?

  • Drac

  • Work on Christmas socks for 10 minutes.

  • DB

You see where I am going with this? I admit it, I am obsessed with lace knitting. I know I don't look good in shawls, that's not the point. But when I finish my DB shawl and can post pics of the finished blocked shawl you will all know just how cool I really am. Really, kids. (You can stop laughing now. )

No comments: