Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I've Been working on a Quilt!



Every year I make someone in the family a quilt for Christmas. No one ever knows ahead of time who will get it. This year I have been working on a quilt for granddaughter Savannah, 5, now in a big girl bed so that baby quilt has got to go! It is an "I Spy" style quilt, which will come with a written list of things to look for as she drops off to sleep. The pattern comes from the book "Picture Play Quilts" by Ami Simms.
I sure hope Savannah enjoys it. Here are some close ups showing the photo transfers I have added. This close up shows Savannah swimming on our vacation in Florida this year. The dolphin beside her and the flamingoes beneath her are to remind her of our day at Sea World. We really had a great time. Also there is a picture of her giving Shamu a big hug. Below is a picture of the flowers she picked in my Mom's dooryard.

Obviously the blocks are not sewn together here yet, they are just arranged on my design wall. The back of the quilt will be 12 inch blocks of assorted fabrics I am trying to use up. I just can't afford to buy more fabric right now, and I have so much to use!
Well back to chain myself to the sewing machine.

1 comment:

AmiSimms said...

Love the way your quilt it turning out. Great photos, too. Be sure to send me a picture for my web site so I can brag on you!

Ami Simms :)